- About MWCD
- Flood Control
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Development Advisory Committee
The Development Advisory Committee was created by the MWCD Board of Directors in 1992 to provide advice and guidance to the Board and staff. It consists of 18 members who volunteer their time and provides an organized public support system for responsive and effective economic development, conservation and recreation programs.
DAC members are appointed by the Board of Directors and serve staggered three-year terms. The Committee meets quarterly, and is updated about MWCD projects and operations. Members present numerous items for discussion and possible action by the MWCD Board of Directors.
Current members of the DAC and their terms of service are (5 vacancies currently exist on the DAC and members are being sought to fill those seats):
- Allyn Adams - Cuyahoga County - 2013 - Adams, a cottage site lessee with a residence at Atwood Lake, is a retired accountant and financial advisor.
- Douglas R. Davis - Muskingum County - 2010 - Davis is the Muskingum County engineer.
- Andrew S. Dix - Guernsey County - 2013 - Dix is the publisher of The (Cambridge) Jeffersonian.
- Jeff Heacock - Muskingum County - 2014 - Heacock is a resident of New Concord and an MWCD cottage site lessee at Seneca Lake. The assistant vice president for student affairs for external relations at Muskingum University, Heacock served as head football coach at Muskingum for many years.
- Marty Larsen - Richland County - 2013 - Larsen, an account manager for Clear Channel Communications in the Richland County area, has been an MWCD cottage site lessee for many years at Charles Mill Lake.
- Rich Milleson - Harrison County - 2013 - Milleson, an insurance agent for Nationwide Insurance with offices in Freeport and Scio, is a former assistant director of the Ohio Department of Natural Resources.
- Marilyn Ortt - Washington County - 2012 - Ortt is president of Friends of Lower Muskingum River, a citizens' group committed to the health of the Muskingum River and the region it serves.
- John M. Prelac - Stark County - 2012 - An avid fisherman and boater who frequently visits the MWCD lakes, Prelac is an attorney associated with the Day Ketterer firm in Canton.
- Robert C. Prince - Carroll County - 2012 - A resident of Carrollton, Prince retired from the U.S. Postal Service. He is a trustee of the Rockwood Propery Owners Association at Leesville Lake, where he owns a home on 23 acres.
- George Romanoski - Summit County - 2013 - Romanowski is a boater at Piedmont Lake who retired after a long and distinguished career in public service for the City of Akron, including service as deputy mayor.
- Chasity Schmelzenbach - Noble County - 2012 - Schmelzenbach is the director of the Noble County Emergency Management Agency and Homeland Security.
- Dirck W. TenBroeck - Harrison County - 2012 - TenBroeck, a retired insurance company executive, resides on a farm located less than five acres away from Tappan Lake. He is a member of numerous Harrison County civic and social organizations.
- David White - Summit County - 2014 - White is a deputy engineer in the office of the Summit County Engineer.
MWCD Board of Directors at The Carlisle Inn
Wed, May 22: 9:00am Let the 2013 Summer Begin
Fri, May 24: 12:00am Thurs. night Fun Tournaments (C) at Clendening Lake
Thu, May 30: 5:00pm MWCD Conservancy Court at Tuscarawas County Courthouse
Sat, June 1: 10:00am
Copyright © 2013 Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District